FUN, CHALLENGE and ADVENTURE
Scouts from our troop embark on adventures of a lifetime. Recently we traveled to West Virginia for a week-long high adventure trip. Every month we participate in a campout that involves a fun activity. Next year we will doing a sailing trip around the Bahamas. Now's the time to get involved!
Troop 368 is one of two BSA Troops in Berkeley Heights. Fun activities include: camping, whitewater rafting, skiing/snowboarding, climbing/rappelling, survival, and more! Boys ages 11 to 17 can join. The Troop is run by the scouts under responsible adult supervision. It is sponsored by the Berkeley Heights Rotary Club.
The Troop Committee of Troop 368 is responsible for ensuring a challenging, effective, safe and healthy plan for the Scouts to achieve the maximum value from the program. All parents of participating Scouts are encouraged to help out in whatever capacity they can.
Boy Scout Vision Statement:
- Offer young people responsible fun & adventure
- Instill in young people lifetime values & develop in them ethical character as expressed in the Scout Oath and Law
- Train young people in citizenship, service & leadership
- Serve Americas communities & families with its quality & values - based program
Troop 368 2011 - 2012 Summary:
Adventures of a Lifetime:
In the recent years we have sent crews to:
- 10 weekends camping trips
- 2 Weeks of summer camp at Winnebago Scout Reservation and Sabattis Adventure Camp
- 1 Week of High Adventure for older Scouts: West Virginia High Adventure Trip
- 4 Scouts attended the National Youth Leadership Training Conference
- 21 Community Service Projects
- 671 logged community service hours
- 1172 logged nights of camping
- Grand Canyon, Arizona - a weeklong raft trip down the Colorado River halfway through the Grand Canyon
- West Virginia (for a week of whitewater rafting, caving, mountain biking and mountain climbing/rappelling)
- Adirondack Canoe Trek - a week long canoe trek through the Adirondack waterways
- Philmont Scout Ranch, New Mexico- a two week adventure to Colorado/New Mexico (backpacking with high adventure activities)
- Costa Rica - a week long high adventure for whitewater rafting, rapelling down waterfalls, a service project at a local small school, Volcanoes, High Bridges, Hot Springs!, Snorkeling/SCUBA Diving....
Attention Troop Alumni, please join our guest book here. We would like to stay in contact and update you on reunions and other events that might interest you. For more information contact any of the leaders listed in the Contact Section or come talk to us at a troop meeting.
Click here for a List of Eagle Scouts from Troop 368.
Click here for a Roster of Scoutmasters from Troop 368.
This site is maintained by volunteer Boy Scouts. Although it contains useful information on local Scouting programs, it is not an official Boy Scouts of America web site. The information provided here has not been approved by the Patriots' Path Council or the Boy Scouts of America.